How can you contribute to ELAG!
The next ELAG conference will take place in Riga, Latvia from 09 to 12 June 2020.
You can contribute to the ELAG conference in several ways by submitting:
- A presentation proposal: They are the core of the ELAG programme. Presentations allow you to present your work in 25 minutes in a plenary session. After which there are 5 minutes for questions.
- A workshop proposal: Workshops are run throughout the main ELAG programme and are used for group discussions on a selected topic. The workshop leader acts as the moderator of these discussions. Workshops are split into 2 sessions on 2 days of 1.5 hours each. On the last day the participants of the workshop need to present a short 10-15 minute summary about the results of the workshop during the plenary session.
- A bootcamp proposal: Bootcamp start on the day before the conference. They typically provide hands-on training on software, tools relevant to the community. Bootcamps can be short (2-3 hours) or take a whole day (6 hours).
Some ideas and previous topics for workshops and bootcamps: DevOps & infrastructure bootcamp, Fail4Lib (history of fails in your software projects), deep learning in libraries, a deep dive into tools like Ansible, Apache Nifi, and Catmandu; or other!
Guidelines for conference presentations, workshops and bootcamps are available at: https://wp.me/P5cYg0-s
To submit a presentation, workshop, or bootcamp proposal, please complete the form here: http://bit.ly/ELAG2020cfp.
The deadline for proposals is February 12, 2020. All proposals will be reviewed by the ELAG 2019 Programme Committee, and the results of the review process will be sent by March 11, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Peter van Boheemen, Chair of the ELAG Programme Committee, at email@example.com.
Contribute to and join the ELAG conference!
ELAG is Europe’s premier conference on the application of information technology in libraries and documentation centers. For over forty years, the ELAG (European Library Automation Group) Conference has provided library and IT professionals with the opportunity to discuss new technologies, to review on-going developments, and to exchange best practices.
The next ELAG conference will take place in Riga, Latvia from 09 to 12 June 2020. A call for proposals will be sent at the beginning of December.
The principal goals of ELAG conference are to:
- Promote knowledge sharing, collaboration, and mutual understanding of new library and archive technologies and services;
- Connect people working in libraries, archives, museums, and software development projects within and across those domains;
- Study the impact of changing user expectations and behaviours;
- Collaborate on navigating evolving library standards and the effects on library technology;
- Define common principles for library automation by sharing best practices and defining new standards;
- Foster exchanges about data, software and documentation beyond the scope of any single technology, vendor, or toolset;
The ELAG conference provide a bridge between technologists, metadata experts, archivists, management to study the impact of automation technology in a changing library and archive landscape. Make yourself heard and participate in our community.
The 44th European Library Automation Group Systems Seminar will be in Riga, Latvia June 9 – 12, 2020Posted: November 19, 2019
Stay tuned for more news about the upcoming ELAG conference in the next weeks!
For more information, visit our conference website https://elag2020.lnb.lv/.
For those who want to continue the ELAG discussions, we have an ELAG Slack channel were currently 81 library enthusiasts are participating. Join us at:
Do you want to help in organising ELAG or participate in our programme committee? At the ELAG Slack we have a #conference channel. Please introduce yourself or send an email to our chair of the ELAG Programme Committee Peter Van Boheemen (firstname.lastname@example.org).