Call for BootcampsPosted: November 19, 2018
- Are you a library hacker who has found new ways to leverage library data to build 21st century services?
- Are you a systems implementer boosting productivity by rapidly building innovative applications?
- Do you think you’ve found a better way to create or deliver information for library users?
- Are you busy handling Library data to convert between applications ?
- Are you an active API user or builder ?
Moderate a bootcamp on ELAG 2019 in Berlin. ELAG 2019 will be in Berlin on 7-10 May. Bootcamps will be held on 7 May.
A programme of optional Bootcamps offer ELAG participants the opportunity to learn new skills or enhance their knowledge of specific topics related to library technology. These Bootcamps provide participants a way to learn from experts and veterans in a particular domain. Hands-on and fast-paced, these Bootcamps give a primer on the most up-to-date practices in library automation and provide insights into new, upcoming technologies. Bootcamp moderators have the opportunity to present their work, test their applications in new contexts and find collaboration partners.
Please share your expertise, show what you can do, and meet with other library enthusiasts.
Guidelines for Bootcamp leaders are available at: https://wp.me/p5cYg0-k
Last year’s event saw lively discussions and developments on topics such as Data Quality and enrichment, Text mining, Shiny, REST API’s, Library metrics and ETL. Check out also the websites of our previous conferences, such as the one one Copenhagen, for some inspiration.
To propose a Bootcamp, please complete the form below and send to: Peter van Boheemen (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the ELAG 2019 Programme Committee.
All proposals will be reviewed by the ELAG 2019 Programme Committee.
The deadline for proposals is January 22 2019.
The results of the review process will be sent out by 11 February 2019.
Pre-conference Bootcamp Title:
Expected time slot: