Save the Date: ELAG 2020 9-12 June
Contribute to and join the ELAG conference!
ELAG is Europe’s premier conference on the application of information technology in libraries and documentation centers. For over forty years, the ELAG (European Library Automation Group) Conference has provided library and IT professionals with the opportunity to discuss new technologies, to review on-going developments, and to exchange best practices.
The next ELAG conference will take place in Riga, Latvia from 09 to 12 June 2020. A call for proposals will be sent at the beginning of December.
National Library of Latvia, Home of ELAG 2020. Photo by Indrikis Sturman
The principal goals of ELAG conference are to:
- Promote knowledge sharing, collaboration, and mutual understanding of new library and archive technologies and services;
- Connect people working in libraries, archives, museums, and software development projects within and across those domains;
- Study the impact of changing user expectations and behaviours;
- Collaborate on navigating evolving library standards and the effects on library technology;
- Define common principles for library automation by sharing best practices and defining new standards;
- Foster exchanges about data, software and documentation beyond the scope of any single technology, vendor, or toolset;
The ELAG conference provide a bridge between technologists, metadata experts, archivists, management to study the impact of automation technology in a changing library and archive landscape. Make yourself heard and participate in our community.